Thursday, July 3, 2008

Independence Day Style

Is it seriously already almost the 4th of July? Ugh. This holiday, while being one of my favorites is always a mixed bag of high expectations, lots of food, too much beer, usually rain (being a Seattle girl and all), and wading through a million people to get a good spot for the South Lake Union Fireworks show. Yeah, I know you know what I mean. This year, the preppy friends and I are heading to West Seattle for a preppy BBQ and a stroll to the beach to watch the fireworks at Elliott Bay across the water. Should be fun, I am already planning A) what I am bringing for a side/dessert (Bow Tie Greek pasta salad and possibly an apple pie?) B) what I am going to wear. Not sure yet, and this preppy girl is on what is known as a "budget", so no holiday shopping trips. But here is inspiration for those of you who do plan a shopping trip for this blessed event.
God Bless This LAND!


J.Crew




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The J Crews Mutts pic is adorable... how cute! I can't tell you how I found my way way here, but your blog looks great! I'll be back! (And for some reason we... um, I...ahhhh... which one are we/I?) speak in the third person, so you're not alone.
TP