Monday, October 13, 2008

The new Krissy 08'/09'

Hello All,

It has been awhile. But I haven't really had much to talk about either. This weekend was interesting. Friday, I was in a SOUR mood (just ask my dear sister who had to console me about it). Sometimes I have a tendency to wallow in my "situation", whatever it may be. Topics that can get me VERY upset leading to said counseling sesh with sister include:

1) Job
2) Friends
3) Missing friends
4) Catty fights with friends
5) My weight/body image ISSUES. And man do I have them. ("Buzz your girlfriend...Woooooof")
6) Dilemmas with future
7) Being single, with apparently LOTS of non-single friends now (although Saturday I was affirmed that there are still a few left!)

So, back to Friday. I had a meltdown because I was home. On a Friday night. Nothing to do but try desperately to watch Grey's Anatomy online. But, alas, having a 6 year old Dell came to bite me. It would NOT PLAY. DELL would CRASH every single time. Commence real tears over this. It was more of a build up of frustration and loneliness than anything. All I really wanted was to be in Alabama watching it in my sisters bed with my little four legged niece and nephew. URGH! And as I was spilling tears over this situation, every other situation that was bothering me came out with it. I was sad because I was alone. I was sad because I feel like I have been working so hard at the gym and trying to eat as healthy as possible without any results to show for it. I was sad that I am again, trying to uproot my life and find fulfillment in SOMETHING (i.e. all of the school searching). I got myself completely worked up unnecessarily.

Sister went into ACTION let me tell you. I bet you she was just fed up with my antics to be honest. Regardless here is the plan we are calling, "The New Krissy 08'/09'":


1) Examine my eating habits and consult with nutritionist friend for advice.
2) Find more single friends... Small group through church, volunteer groups, etc.
3) Write down five good things about my day everyday.

She wants me to start appreciating the "now". I am a true dreamer. If things aren't happening as they happen in my dreams....I take action to change that. Or find a new dream to seek after. However, this is leaving me quite unhappy and unfulfilled with my life.


I am determined to change this.

5 GREAT things about my weekend:

*Sleeping in*
*Shopping and lunch with my mom*
*SALSA dancing on Saturday night*
*Nice, but heart pumping hike with my marrieds*
*Family dinner finished off by core warming apple cider with my marrieds*

Ahhh.... I feel my mood lifting higher already



No comments: