Friday, June 13, 2008

Hippies? Ugh....


So bad news. This preppy girl is, (GASP!) moving out of her preppy apartment, with a PHENOM view to downtown Seattle. Where is she going? (And why is she talking in the third person? Not sure.) GREEN LAKE. Do you know what that means? I'll tell you, they are known as hippies. Green Lake is crawling with them and their overgrown yards with those weird multi-colored flags that mean peace or something. I am going from this view:





To THIS view








EFF! Okay so it is not going to be that bad at all. The point of this whole move is that I REALLY need to save money right now. For a few reasons:

A) I want a nice big down payment on a new car.
B) I want money for NEXT year when (hooray!) I get to buy my own condo/house
C) I want more company. This girl gets lonely really easily.

I will be paying HALF the rent at this new place, which is a townhome that is very nicely done. I can handle it. And really, all that means is, I GET TO REDECORATE MY ROOM!!!! (In the cheapest way possible of course).

So here is my DREAM room right now:


ISN'T THIS ALL SO PRETTY!! (Thank you Pottery Barn)

I love it. So my style. Which I am having a really hard time finding a name for. Coastal? East Coast Prep? I think the display above is definitely beach themed, but sometimes I feel like I go back and forth from really preppy and refined to beachy cottage. I don't know. I better have a big house someday because I am going to need a lot of rooms to display my personal style in whenever the mood hits me. My favorite part of that scene is the Natural Chair. Can't you just imagine a balcony off the room with some awesome Adirondack chairs.

I'll get there someday.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have so many styles also...I saw that chair for sale on Craigs list for super cheap in I think Atlanta...too bad its in ATLANTA!!Love yOU!