Thursday, June 12, 2008

This is an apology post...

As the title states, this is an apology post. I am apologizing to all the bloggers out there. See, I have been secretly making fun of you since all of this blogging craziness began and I'll tell you why.

A) Most of the blogs that I saw made me think, "This girl thinks she is Carrie Bradshaw, but she is clearly NOT"
B) This person just wants a way to stand on a grammar/literary pedestal so that we all know how witty and clever of a writer they are. PS. Get over yourself.
C) This person just wants us to know their business and that irritates the ISH out of me.
D) This person wants a reason to be philosophical and deep, when in real life they are probably nothing like that.

(I realize that these are all really mean judgements coming from a very close minded person when it comes to the literary world. I don't get you people. Forgive me.)

And then I realized I. AM. A. TOTAL. HYP-O-CRITE.

Funny story. I CANNOT STOP READING BLOGS. Somewhere in the middle of me giving crap to all the bloggers out there, I became addicted to them. Even the annoying Carrie Bradshaw ones. And it was all downhill from there because I started thinking, gosh, I would love to write about my life and be able to look back at it. I would LOVE a reason to create storyboards and itch that designer scratch in me to design whatever the eff I please in the categories of home, fashion, and wedding. I NEED a stage to sound all of my grievances and all of the wonderful things that I love and that are happening in my life. Maybe that way I will notice and appreciate them more.

So here comes my warning, nay, my PREFACE (for all you literary folk), I am not a writer. I am not pretending to be a good writer. I am not going to toot my own horn with fancy metaphors. If I say something clever I did not plan it. I write like I talk. I have horrible spelling (even with spellcheck). I don't understand grammar (I also spelled it with an "e" until spellcheck just picked that one up). To be honest, I really don't know the best time to use a comma. But I have a fun/hard life and I want to capture that. I go through many challenges with being single and just out of college, that many of you can sympathize with I'm sure. I have great taste. I would like to show that. I am a preppy girl, living in a preppy apartment, interested in mainly preppy guys, and I have a preppy job. But really this whole time I feel like I am just "prepping" (that was dumb) for my future that seems to just be flying by me. A new car, a new condo, a new boyfriend, a ring, a wedding, a husband, a family, and finally retirement. I have no problem admitting that these topics are on my mind a lot. I am 23 by the way.

So anyways, here I am. I am blogging. And I feel fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! and I don't know when to use punctuation either!! Please don't ever write about dirty martini's or your favorite pair of "fabulous" (as every girl states in their blogs on shoes) shoes.

bec said...

I was trying to decide which "category" my blog fits in according to you and then I realized NONE OF THEM because best friends would NEVER say something rude like that about their best friend's blog. Right? Right. I am happy to welcome you to the blogging world, you hypo. :) XOXO

B