Thursday, September 18, 2008

Classy Animal Art

I was browsing the 1st Dibs art section recently and noticed a pattern in what I was drawn to at the moment. Antique paintings of animals. Here were some of my favorites.


A Fine English Painting by Richards of ShiptonEnglish
Mid-nineteenth Century
G. Sergeant Antiques L.L.C



A Fine Whippet Portrait
English School
19th Century G. Sergeant Antiques L.L.C.


Antique painting of English hunting dog, signed Bailley
England, circa 1889
Floxglove Antiques



FOLK PORTRAIT OF A BULL, SIGNED L.D.D., 1885
American
Jeff R. Bridgman American Antiques

2 comments:

G. Sergeant said...

G. Sergeant Antiques here. "Googling" our business name led to your blog... Glad you liked some of our fine art offerings. Please feel free to visit our main site at www.gsergeant.com

Unknown said...

Hi there, I'm an artist and I am interested in using the image of the 19th Century portrait of a Whippet you have in your blog in one of my projects. Is it possible? If it's ok with you I was wondering do you have a higher resolution version of the image I could ask you for? Thanks so much for your time.

Kindest regards,

Scott Andreae;
http://www.scottandreae.com