Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall is my favorite season

You heard me. Fall is my favorite season. I am more gitty about it than spring or summer. Something about the air just makes me want to take a deep breath and savor it. Personally, I think that Fall and Winter are the most romantic seasons of the year. Maybe it is the cold factor and the need to be close to people. Or maybe because it is a time of traditions. And there is no better way to practice traditions than with someone special to you.
Here are just a few of my favorite things about Fall....

1. Cool days when the sun is out. Similar to that feeling of being warm in your bed but having the window open and your face feel cool. So soothing and cozy.
2. Fall leaves. So cliche but just.... LOOK at how beautiful this Seattle street is.


Photos courtesy of this site. Thanks!

3. Pumpkin. Spice. Latte.



4. Speaking of pumpkins.... I love fall for pumpkin patches!


Picture taken by my friend at our 2007 Pumpkin Patch Day

5. The changing of the wardrobes. All of my summer dresses, tanks, shorts.... go into storage and out come my winter coats, sweaters, and warm shoes. Here are a couple of sweaters I have been thinking about, but won't get because (single fist pump to the sky) I AM ON A BUDGET!



6. Holiday Movies. Here are my favorites:

7. The anticipation of winter coming. I love planning trips home, Christmas shopping lists, and seeing the ballet (The Nutcracker) at the Pacific Northwest Ballet with my grandmother. I love getting excited when I hear it is going to snow and anxiously looking outside to see if it is. I love planning ski trips with friends and the exhaustion felt after a good day on the slopes.

1 comment:

Kacy said...

Checked out your site. We thought you might enjoy this. It's southern and preppy as hell. not to mention fun to wear.

best,
mel & kerri
www.penningtonandbailes.com